When you stay with us, you are not just a room number. We personally get to know you and your family during your stay with us to make you feel even more at home. Our average length of stay is less than 30 days and we accept Medicare and most HMO insurances to cover these services.
Our STAR unit is a separate unit from the long-term care. We have 12 rooms, both private and semi-private, and 20 beds designated for short-term stays, so we are able to provide a lot more one on one care than a larger facility. We strive to make it feel like home during the short stay. Family can come visit anytime during non-rehab hours but cannot stay overnight at the facility. Those in the STAR unit are also not allowed to be checked out to leave the facility unless it’s for a scheduled appointment.
Skilled Nursing Services — are suitable for patients who may have suffered from a prolonged acute or chronic illness. Skilled nursing services may also be required by patients who have been injured, need wound care, had a stroke, cardiac recovery or recently undergone surgery.
Rehabilitation Services — rehab patients may require a wide range of services, depending on their individual condition and diagnosis. Rehab is offered 5 days a week, Monday through Friday, up to 3 hours a day depending on the doctor’s orders and insurance.
Colonial Oaks provides a full range of services including:
- 24-hour comprehensive nursing care
- On-call physician coverage
- Semi-private and private rooms – this depends upon availability
- Medication administration
- Pharmacy services
- Full time wound care nurse
- 24-hour call light system both at the bed and in the bathroom
- Laundry services
- Housekeeping services
- Transportation services to and from appointments
- Free Wi-Fi and Cable access
- Flat screen TVs
- Homestyle Meals and snacks – private dining is available upon request
- 24-hour video surveillance
- Coded access to the separate unit
- Beauty/barber services (for an additional fee)
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech Pathology
- Oxygen for Respiratory Needs
- Portable Diagnostics: Laboratory, X-ray, and EKG
- Social services providing goal setting, discharge planning, and case management
- Daily social activities
- Outdoor courtyard
- Generators providing emergency power for the entire building for up to 2 weeks if needed
Please note: We are a non-smoking facility.